New Book Offers a “Scientifically Proven Process for Changing Your Life – for Good”
LOS ANGELES, CA, September 25, 2017 /24-7PressRelease/ — Dr. Sean D. Young is an authoritative new voice in the field of behavioral science. Dr. Young knows a great deal about our habits – how we make them and how we can break them. He is the Founder and Director of the UC Institute for Prediction Technology and the UCLA Center for Digital Behavior. Dr. Young and his associates study cutting-edge and best practices for changing and predicting behavior, with particular expertise in health and medicine.
Stick with It (HarperCollins Publishers) is Dr. Young’s fascinating look at the science of behavior, filled with crucial knowledge and practical advice to help everyone successfully alter their actions and improve their lives. Please click here to see Dr. Young’s YouTube video about his groundbreaking book
Dr. Young will be making a series of book presentations in New York City, Oct. 3-Oct 11. Among the events:
– Oct 3, 2017: KGB Bar – Public Event, 7:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m., 85 E 4th St, New York, NY 10003 – (347) 441-4481.
– Oct. 4, 2017: City Harvest – Private Staff Development Event, 12:00 p.m-1:00 p.m., 6 E 32nd St, New York, NY 10016.
– Oct. 4, 2017: Columbus Library – Public Event, 4:00 p.m.-5:30 p.m., 742 10th Ave, New York, NY 10019 – (212) 586-5098.
– Oct. 5, 2017: Formal Press Event, Tranquility49 PR – 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., 1745 Broadway, 17th Floor, New York, NY (Regus Offices) – Register to attend: 212-519-8628
– Oct. 8, 2017: Fordham University Lincoln Center – 2:30 p.m.-4:00 p.m., Presentation to the Manhattan Psychological Association.
– Oct. 10, 2017: BronxWorks Morris ISC – 10 a.m.-12 p.m., Private Book Presentation.
– Oct. 10, 2017: UCLA Alumni Club – 6:30 p.m., Private Book Presentation.
To book media interviews: Patrick Berzinski, Tranquility49 PR, +1-212-519-8628
Whether it’s absent-minded mistakes at work, a weakness for junk food, a smart phone addiction, or a lack of exercise, everyone has some bad habit or behavior that they’d like to change. But wanting to change and actually doing it – and sticking with it – are two very different things.
As Dr. Young explains, you don’t change behavior by changing the person, you do it by changing the process. Drawing on his own scientific research and that of other leading experts in the field, he explains why change can be difficult and identifies the crucial forces that combine to make transformation permanent, from the right way to create new habits to how to harness emotional meaning to motivate change.
“I help people and businesses by teaching them about human behavior,” said Dr. Young. “I help them to predict events and to make lasting changes in their life and work. I specialize in health and medicine – and I also love playing music and Muay Thai boxing.”
The University of California Institute for Prediction Technology (UCIPT) is a multidisciplinary, multicampus collaborative, accelerating innovations that leverage social technologies to predict human behaviors and outcomes. Some examples of potential research applications include:
– Tracking risk behaviors to predict disease, crime, poverty, or other negative outcomes and inform intervention efforts
– Discerning predictors of political opinion, social and moral values, academic success, or community involvement
– Understanding how and why people use certain technologies, buy certain products, or follow certain trends
The ultimate vision is to become a highly interdisciplinary, multisector hub of researchers, data scientists, and community partners that utilize, evaluate, and refine our tools and techniques for a broad array of applications.
Tranquility49 PR, the “communications boutique for the 21st century,” is a broad-spectrum media-communications firm located in the heart of New York City. For more information, please visit www.tranquility49.com
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here